The aim of ‘Bugby’ is to have fun whilst developing basic skills through running, jumping, throwing and catching, children will also learn the importance of team work and communication. These basic skills will help your child make a smoother transition into U6 tag rugby.
Last season (2012-2013) was our first and was far more successful than we could have hoped for with the children developing skills more quickly than expected – which was fantastic and lots of fun!
Having had time to reflect on the season we have made a few changes to the format;
1. Having two smaller groups worked better than being altogether. Therefore, we will be having two groups again with a maximum of 15 children per group.
2. Having all age groups together was slightly disruptive, the older children couldn’t progress as quickly and the younger children didn’t get as much attention as they needed. This season we will split the two groups into age groups – U5s (age 4 on 1st Sept 2013) and U4s (age 3 on 1st Sept 2013).
3. We had originally envisaged children joining the U6s as they turned 5, this didn’t happen due to bad weather and some children weren’t really ready. This season the U5s will stay together for the whole season and towards the end of the season (April 2014) we will organise a couple of seasons with the U6s so the children get used to playing outside.
4. Around holiday periods we had reduced numbers. We will be splitting the Bugby season into 4 x 6 weeks (24 sessions in total).
5. Having parents getting involved really helped. This is essential and we would be grateful if you could do the same again. If anyone is interested in getting more involved the club would be happy to pay for the relevant coaching courses.
6. We believe some parents appreciated paying per week (£5) as opposed to full subs (£60) up front. We will offer the same again which means once you have been to twelve sessions your subs will be fully paid. For those with more than one child the family rates will apply. [This is a special concession that relates to Bugby only – all other age groups fall under the main club policy for subs payments].
This season Bugby will start on Sunday 15 September 2013.
The session for the U4s will be from 10am – 11am and the U5s will be 11am – 12 noon.
Sunday 15 September – Sunday 20 October
Sunday 10 November – Sunday 15 December (plus Xmas Party)
Sunday 05 January – Sunday 09 February
Sunday 02 March – Sunday 06 April
Sunday 27 April – Family BBQ
As the groups are limited to a maximum of 15 children we will offer places on a first come first served basis. If we exceed 15 children a waiting list will be operated and places will be offered if and when spaces become available. If you are interested in being part of Bugby please contact Jane Morris on 07939 570686 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org